The core team at Tomorrowsmith Foundation is looking for a Curriculum Design Intern to join their training and development team. The intern will assist the team in creating an engaging teacher development curriculum. They will work closely with the founder to develop learning strategies tailored to help improve specific teacher skills. We are looking for people with hustle, empathy and a desire to do something meaningful.
As a Curriculum Design Intern, you will be responsible for managing, curating, and writing educational content that aligns with the strategic direction of the company.
• Develop, create, review, and optimize engaging and high-quality training curriculum for the given topics in a timely manner.
• Write training sessions that are interactive, inclusive and engaging.
• Create and curate training tools to support the sessions.
• Collaborate with the mentor to define and execute the project.
• Align the training to the company’s strategic goals and core values.
• Attend online meetings for ideation and revisions.
• A B.Ed./ M.Ed. graduate with a deep understanding of pedagogy and instructional design.
• 1-2 years of experience in teaching or writing curriculum.
• A fair understanding of the education sector.
• Knowledge of how to leverage technology to create meaningful and effective learning experiences.
• Mindset to approach education through an equity lens and through culturally responsive teaching practices.
• Ability to shift between a high-level, strategic vision as you ideate and plan and a more detail-oriented mode as you write and execute.
• Creativity to craft engaging, effective, and inclusive content.
• Excellent writing and research skills and a growth mindset
• Practical experience in designing innovative training sessions.
• Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable education professionals.
• Opportunity to participate in networking events and organization meetings.
• Flexible schedule for students.
• A certificate and a letter of recommendation at successful completion of the internship.
How to apply: This is a part-time internship lasting for a duration of 12 weeks (25 hours/week).
Apply through email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Curriculum Design Intern” Complete applications must include a resume and a sample lesson plan on a subject, grade, and topic of your choice.