Creating collaborative learning environments
Duration: 1-day workshop, 2 hours.
Ideal for: New teachers, pre-service and in-service teachers looking to develop and sustain effective workplace relationships .
Overview : When teachers work together, they use diverse perspectives to aid student learning and achievement. New teachers can learn proven techniques from experienced teachers while experienced teachers can learn new methods and techniques. Together they can understand student data better, make creative lesson plans, and avoid feeling isolated. Collaborative relationships, therefore, play an important role in teacher success. In this workshop, you will learn different ways in which you can create and sustain collaborative relationships with your colleagues.
What you will learn :
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
1. Define collaboration in your teaching environment
2. Explore the characteristics of an effective collaborative teaching environment
3. Identify ways to build and maintain a collaborative teaching environment
4. Recognize the right balance in skill sets that is required for effective collaborative relationships between people or groups
5. Address potential pitfalls to working collaboratively